Re: PRR X31A facts you want to know

Brian Carlson

Before anybody gets really annoyed at Bruce for number two. He meant archer panel line decals. Archer also makes weld line decals which are meant for armor guys and you definitely don’t want to use In HO scale

Brian J. Carlson

On Jun 18, 2020, at 7:57 PM, Bruce Smith <smithbf@...> wrote:

Mel,

There are at least 4 approaches that I know of:

1) Clear (thick) decal film
2) archer weld line decals (Bill W's favorite way right now)
3) etched metal appliques (I've done this. It's not easy  but has a nice effect)
4) Bare metal foil (or equivalent) - like decal film, this is super easy and the rivets below show through, make it look appropriately riveted!

Regards,
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of mel perry <clipper841@...>
Sent: Thursday, June 18, 2020 6:53 PM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io <main@realstmfc.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] PRR X31A facts you want to know

clear decal film, as a representation?
mel perry

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020, 4:47 PM Bruce Smith <smithbf@...> wrote:
Tim,

Absolutely an issue. Patch panels begin to appear in significant numbers in the 1950s. No plans for Rapido to do them at this time, but as we noted in discussions at the modeling meet, patch panels are pretty easy to add by a variety fo approaches. Undec kits are available and would make great fodder for this modification.

Regards,
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL