Re: Photo: Boxed Automobiles On Flatcars

Dennis Storzek

Coming in on this late. I just finally panned all the way to the far end of the string of cars, and adjacent to the track is a fire hose house, and interestingly, the hydrant identification number is stenciled in a diamond that mirrors the diamonds surrounding the B&W stenciled on the boxes.

I also note the spur is right up against the Chicago North Shore & Milwaukee (maybe still the Chicago & Milwaukee Electric Ry. at that time) main line; I can see two overhead wires in the background. That certainly proves this is Kenosha.

Dennis Storzek