More Burro Cranes

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford

Friends,

Since we're discussing Burro cranes, I offer five more cranes for you to contemplate. I think these are all the rest that I have, certainly all that I have in digitized format.

Buckingham Branch Railroad no #. This one looks like a Model 30, and was probably derelict when I found it. Photographed at Dillwyn, Virginia.

Buckingham Branch Railroad no #. This is probably a Model 40. Note how the boom folds. Also at Dillwyn, Virginia.

Western Pacific no #. According to diagrams I have, the Western Pacific owned three Model 15s: B64, B65 and B66.. This was found in Stockton, California. Note the very interesting wheeled crane behind the Burro.

Western Pacific no #. I only have a partial shot of this crane at Oakland, but it seems to also be a Model 15. The boxcar was the real object of my interest.

Union Pacific BC-25, at Glenwood Springs (shot through an Amtrak window, sorry). This might be an ex-D&RGW machine.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆