Re: Oxide red

William Hirt

I wrote about this a few weeks ago. You can still get the real thing - Floquil Oxide Red - if that is the match you need.

<http://www.narrowgaugemodeling.com/floquil-paint/>

And yes, they are unopened bottles and they sell at the last retail price that Floquil sold at.

I opened a bottle I bought recently from them a few days ago and the paint was fine.

Bill Hirt

On 6/20/2020 8:10 PM, Brian Carlson via groups.io wrote:
The MRH paint mapping guide suggests Vallejo Scarlet Red 72.712 for floquil oxide red.

Scarlet red looks very very red. Has anyone actually used this color and can offer an opinion before I buy a bottle.

Brian J. Carlson