Re: ATSF 5714 Fx 8 color photo

Dennis Storzek

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 11:11 AM, Tony Thompson wrote:
  I believe this is a misunderstanding of Car Service Rules. First of all (and the first rule), home road cars were not to be loaded if there was a "suitable" foreign-road car available.
Bravo, Tony. I had a '58 ORER out on my desk at lunch to compose a similar reply, but got called away. However, I'll relay one thought impressed on me by one of my operating mentors, a man who spent his career as an agent for the Milwaukee Road, "A good agent could ALWAYS find a reason why an available empty was suitable for a shipper's load."

Dennis Storzek