Re: Car weighting

Brian Carlson

Weight to the NMRA at a minimum myself.

On our club layout we had an O-scale modeler that didn’t add any weight. The o scale atlas and intermountain cars would just fall off the track. Everything runs better now that we weighed the cars.  (Bud I think you knew Dave Birmingham)

Brian J. Carlson

On Jun 26, 2020, at 4:37 PM, Bud Rindfleisch <BlackDiamondRR@...> wrote:

Howdy friends,
    Just curious on your opinions on weighting freight cars to NMRA specs. As an S scaler I've always subscribed to the recommended 6 oz's but our Groups io, has been having on going discussion about not weighting the freight cars and tracking ability on scale flanges and mostly code 100 track. Some say they do not add  weight to plastic or resin cars but use metal trucks and metal wheels. I do that anyway but I prefer them slightly heavier than a plastic or resin kit without weight.
So what do you all in the HO and N world do, weight or no weight?
     Bud Rindfleisch