Re: CONOCO Proto 2000 8K Gallon Type 21 Riveted Tank Car Questions

Chuck Soule

Having worked in California oil production in the 70s and early 80s, and having some familiarity with other parties besides the companies I worked for,  the other respondents have it correct - Conoco did not produce crude or market products in California.  That's not to say an occasional car might have made it west with a specialty load or because it might have been used short term by another oil company to fill a rolling-stock gap.  But it would not be likely to see an Conoco car anywhere in California or Western Washington and Oregon.  I know that Conoco was marketed out of Spokane for far eastern Washington and the Idaho panhandle, but not farther west, and I am uncertain about eastern Oregon.  But for California - very low probability.

Chuck Soule