From: Andy Carlson <midcentury@...>
To: STMFC <main@realstmfc.groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Jun 27, 2020 6:59 pm
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Tank car projects

I don't believe that Tangent has made a 10000 gallon GATC tank car (yet). Years ago, I discovered that the ACF Type 27 10000 gallon tank was nearly identical in dimensions as the GATC built similar sized tanks. The wheel bases of the truck centers differed on the tank cars, meaning that the securing straps, which line up with the bolsters, would be different. So an Intermountain tank car, with molded on portions of these tie down straps would have to have these straps removed. I don't know if an IM 10K tank swap to a Tangent 8000 gallon tank car frame would be falling-off-a-cliff easy. Is there a deal killer to doing such a kit bash?

Regards,
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA