Re: Tank car projects

Tony Thompson

Rich Christie wrote:

Andy, I know Tony Thompson did some cross-bashing with Intermountain and Athearn tankers. I believe he has that info in his blog.

    Actually, the modeling description was an article in Railroad Model Craftsman, published back in July 2011. I don't have a scan of the article, but do have a PDF of what I sent to RMC, if anyone is interested. It is a fairly big PDF, about 5 MB, in case that might be a challenge.
     Here's a blog post about the article. The Athearn part of the tank swap was a shortened "chemical" insulated car.

Tony Thompson