Re: TIDX 1648 GATC tank car

Tony Thompson

Nope, not Associated but the midwestern subsidiary. They used TIDX for years. See my blog post on Tidewater Associated.
Tony Thompson

On Jun 29, 2020, at 5:28 PM, Andy Carlson <midcentury@...> wrote:

´╗┐
With a reweigh of 5-59 this barely fits in our era of preference. My notes has this as a Tidewater tank car, if so I suppose it would be a west coast Associated Oil Co. Flying A portion of the merger. A break from the more common black tank cars. My friend, Brent MacGregor, has the original Kodachrome and would be happy to provide high quality digital prints for this car and thousands of others.
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

<TIDX1648 Tidewater.jpg>

<TIDX1648 Tidewater.jpg>