Re: Train-Master vs. Train-Miniature

erieblt2

I really appreciate this string. It’s not exactly what we ‘should’ talk about, but it’s fascinating history. It will be lost if not put out before it’s lost. I appreciate your patience. Is there even a ‘History of the American Model Railroad Industry’ web site? Bill S

On Jun 30, 2020, at 10:21 AM, Tony Thompson <tony@...> wrote:

Richard Bale wrote:

Globe was originated by Hal Prendergast and purchased by Athearn

       This conflicts with what was in Model Railroader in the late 1940s. It stated that Globe was founded in 1942 by Frank Taylor, who had been editor of MR, joined by well-known O scale modeler and scratch builder Carl Traub. The company began in Milwaukee, located at 4224 Lincoln, before moving to Chicago about 1950. Athearn bought them in July 1951.
        I know of no connection with Hal Prendergast, unless he facilitated the Athearn purchase.

Tony Thompson