From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of David North
Sent: Saturday, 20 June 2020 3:12 am
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Photo: Boxed Automobiles On Flatcars

This might be a red herring, but Bennett & Woods were the Australian distributor for Kelvinator in the early part of the 20th Century.

They were a leading company in the motor trade here in Australia, but more spare parts than new cars.

Wasn’t Kelvinator part of the Nash brand?

Coincidently, B&W were the Australian distributor for Harley Davison from 1915 and BSA motorbikes.

(Nothing to do with Nash, just something I found while researching around this photo)

I must admit, I thought the boxes looked a little small for cars.

Rupert, do you know who the NZ distributors were for Kelvinator before Fisher & Paykell took the line on the late 30s?

I wonder if Bennett & Woods had an NZ Division?

Again, I may be way off on this.

Cheers

Dave North

Sydney