From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of mopacfirst
Sent: Wednesday, July 1, 2020 3:17 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Photos: CCIX Tank Car 342

These are interesting photos.  This car has 70-ton trucks, with an 8000 gallon capacity tank, so this must be a heavy acid like sulfuric.

My brief search for this company has hit a dead end, because all I turn up for Consolidated Chemical Industries is a newer chemical marketing company in Houston.  The photo caption mentions Ft. Worth and the CB&Q, which probably means FW&D in the context.  My best guess is that this is a company that was absorbed long ago into a larger chemical manufacturer.  But this would be a useful car to model.

Ron Merrick