From: Richard Townsend via groups.io <richtownsend@...>
To: realstmfc@groups.io <realstmfc@groups.io>
Sent: Fri, Jul 3, 2020 2:14 pm
Subject: [RealSTMFC] DUPX 1406

I have a copy of the AC&F builders photo of this tank car. It is dated Dec. 10, 1924. It is a duPont tank car, insulated, possibly 1,000 gallon capacity. It is unusual in that it has an expansion dome and, offset from that toward the B end, a valve bonnet. This car, with this number, does not appear in the 1955 tank car tariff (which, by the way, is an absolutely fascinating document). The earliest ORER I have is from 1938, and it is not listed there under that number. Can anyone provide any information on this car? How does it appear, if at all, in pre-1938 ORERs? Any idea on what it might have been renumbered to?

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, OR