Re: fixing yellowed decals

Rick Naylor

Try Crystal Clear sold in Walmart and Lumber supply. Decal carrier is Lacquer and an over coat of new lacquer should un-yellow the decal. If it is a Walthers it is usually the paper.

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Rob & Bev Manley <robev1630@...>
Sent: Wednesday, July 8, 2020 1:09 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] fixing yellowed decals

Tim,
This is an old vintage plastic modeler trick. Once again we learn from our military brothers.

Rob Manley
"Better modeling through personal embarrassment"

On Tuesday, July 7, 2020, 04:24:17 PM CDT, John Sykes III via groups.io <johnsykesiii@...> wrote:

Sometimes it works and other times, it makes things worse.  Instead of yellow, it turns the decal brown.  This is an attempted fix of last resort.  Probably has to do with the formula of the lacquer in the decal backing.

-- John