Re: Apparently, Boston & Maine boxcars made it to Florida

erieblt2

Naval shipyard Bremerton received naval supplies(valves, piping turbine parts, etc. from naval assets in the east. All GE turbines/parts came out of Lynn, and Fitchburg Massachusetts. ‘Yard Bird’ Bill S.

On Jul 8, 2020, at 8:58 AM, Dave Parker via groups.io <spottab@...> wrote:

On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 08:47 AM, Brian Carlson wrote:
Boxcars were quite free roaming as has been discussed on the list for years.
I would agree with that statement if you added the caveat "From WWII onward,....".

We've discussed this as well, i.e., the onset of national pooling during the war, and the subsequent relevance of the Gilbert-Nelson approach to fleet composition.

--
Dave Parker
Swall Meadows, CA