Re: Apparently, Boston & Maine boxcars made it to Florida

Rick Naylor

Alot of the BAR loads were potato's, they shipped them all over the US

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...>
Sent: Wednesday, July 8, 2020 9:37 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Apparently, Boston & Maine boxcars made it to Florida

Tony, BAR reefers continued to be used for California produce at least into the mid 1970's.

On 7/8/2020 9:25 PM, Tony Thompson wrote:
Doug Paasch wrote:

I have been looking at how to justify a BAR reefer and some BM cars to appear on my Seattle layout and any more ideas would be welcome.  All I can think of for a BAR reefer is fresh lobster?  I like the idea of the BM car carrying B&M beans to some grocery distributors, too.

    Remember that for awhile in the '50's BAR loaned its reefers to PFE from June 1 to October 1. So there you are! California vegetable or oranges, fresh to Seattle!

Tony Thompson

Sterling, Massachusetts