Re: Milk Containers on Flat Cars - Help with Colors

Donald B. Valentine

    Renken’s Dairy also used the roll-on, roll-off milk containers. In several

Photos I have seen of both the Renken and some Borden’s containers seem

to indicate a red color which is also believed to have been used by Sealtest

for cars used by the General Ice Cream Co. that supplied the base mix for

ice cream to ice cream makers.

   Hope this helps rather than leaving you more puzzled as color photos are

rare. Be aware that there were at least two and I think three styles of tanks

used as well. Randy has photos of one and I have drawings for another

received from Fruit Growers Express, which basically owned National Car,

long gone facility at Potomac Yard.

Cordially, Don Valentine

Sent from Mail for Windows 10