Re: Poultry cars : Bachmann news just received

Tim O'Connor

No one is going to import a "Tangent quality" RTR poultry car from China (or wherever).

Ambroid wood kit, Overland brass, or scratchbuild. Them's the choices in HO scale.

On 7/10/2020 12:00 PM, Eric Hansmann wrote:

Charlie Vlk posted this reply to the Early Rail discussion list on this Bachmann model.

As I said, the car body is the standard Bachmann 40 Ft steel box car.  I wouldn’t be surprised if it is the same mold or started life as the Athearn copy that Kader made for Mantua as their “Crown” line in the 1960s that were sold as carded RTR cars.

The printing almost makes a convincing car though….in the catalog.

Charlie Vlk

IMO, this model might prevent another manufacture from producing a model with prototype fidelity. Other than the screening, there is little about the Bachmann model that reflects the prototype poultry cars.

Oh, it has wheels. I forgot the prototype poultry cars ran on wheels.

Eric Hansmann

Sterling, Massachusetts