Tru Color paint on Resin Freight Cars

Andy Carlson

Hi; already we have had the the universal opinion of yes for the use of primer on resin before a Tru-Color coat. Decades ago, I tried my 1st (and last) attempt to paint AccuPaint on an un-primered resin box car. The paint fell off in sheets! I wondered at that time if this would be a useful idea for making scale sized thickness canvas tarps!

-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

Group,

Question for you all. I’m painting a Yarmouth resin car and going to be using Tru Color paints. This is my first time using Tru Color on a train car. Would you guys recommend priming the car first?

Thanks

Tim Alund