Re: Coupler Mounting Screws

Bud Rindfleisch

Dan,
     Yes, these are blackened steel but in S scale they're just that much higher from the uncoupling magnets than in HO so I haven't seen any issues with that. I'm using the small 1/8" diameter cylindrical magnets that my friend Chuck Davis put me onto, these sit just inside the rails and do tend to pull steel wheels towards them but the coupler screws being farther away have not shown any problems. Am starting to get nickel silver wheels to alleviate the wheel pulling.
    I forgot to mention the screws I bought are self tapping too. Pic attached of the between the rails magnets.
       Bud Rindfleisch