Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 5:50 AM
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Photo: PRR Gondola 384661

Claus and Jim,

Thanks for your help with the P&LE flat car ID. One problem though. The 1941 car has only seven stake pockets, while the car in the earlier photo Jim presented has 12. A rebuild is a likely possibility. Or perhaps this is 6883 and it had a different number of stake pockets from 6884.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 8:48 PM pdnapp via groups.io <pdnapp=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Garth, I think this is the P&LE 30' flat in the background.

There was an article about this car in the American Engineer and Railroad Journal 1905, page 324 (although for online scrolling purposes, it's page 344).
https://archive.org/details/americanengineer79newy/page/n343/mode/2up

James Dawkins