Re: IC green and yellow refrigerators

Jeffrey White

Ron,

IC 5100 is on display at McComb MS.  It was the only car built and the only one in the natural aluminum finish.  It was built in 1946.

Jeff White

Alma, IL

On 7/15/2020 10:08 AM, mopacfirst wrote:
I think there's one at McComb, Mississippi, on the west side of the main line right opposite the station.  It's under roof, along with some stuff that's not freight cars.  I've only seen the side of it that you can see from the train.  It's probably in the last scheme.

This car has significance for me because the line that brought the banana cars to my city was the MP, from St. Louis I presume.

Ron Merrick