Re: B&O Sentinel 40' box at Taylor Yard, LA CA 1958

Rich C

Ryan Mendell of National Scale Car is working on the M-55s. I believe he is doing a full kit aside from the end castings. I am sure a variety of decals will be coming from other sources.

Rich Christie

On Saturday, July 18, 2020, 10:35:33 AM CDT, Kenneth Montero <va661midlo@...> wrote:

Tim,

Here are some current sources of such decals:

Microscale: Item # 48-401 (O scale)

Protocraft Item #B&O M55s (O scale)

Tichy Item # 10074-O (O scale), #10074 -HO (HO scale), #10074-N (N scale)

Ken Montero

On 07/18/2020 10:03 AM Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

M-55C built by General American in 1945. Sunshine produced an M-55 kit but is that the same as this car?

Does anyone make good decals for this Sentinel paint scheme?

On 7/18/2020 12:41 AM, Andy Carlson wrote:
Inline image<9d259293-303b-ceab-e885-a34e0cbf691f@...>" data-mce-src="cid:9d259293-303b-ceab-e885-a34e0cbf691f@..." data-mce-style="max-width: 800px; width: 100%;">
Even with its very low mounted bottom door track the Yougstown door still is a 5/6/5-Short. Along with the ends, the color scheme makes for an interesting, well-travelled Eastern box car.
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

Sterling, Massachusetts