From: newrail@... [mailto:newrail@...]
Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2003 9:42 AM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: RE: [STMFC] Re: Car Weight, scales and pennies

My experience with silicone caulking materials has been that they dry
out faster than a rubber based cement such as Walthers Goo. That being
said, what has your experience been, Dave, and how many of your "penny
piles" have you had break loose in a car on you? One would think the
double sided tape might be the best solution of the three materials.

Take care, Don Valentine

Quoting Dave Nelson <muskoka@...>:

IIRC, a tiny bit less than 1/10th of an ounce. I stick mine together
with
silicone caulk, making sure there is a smear of caulk somewhere on the
outside edge (I keep a pile of these in my toolkit in 3 or 5 high
bundles)
and then depending on what's on hand when I do it either double sided
tape
or (more often) caulk to afix them to the car.