Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] OK so this didn't work out so well

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

So, I’m pretty sure they are for river barge construction/re-construction.

River barges were treated very badly, with frequent groundings, collisions, and little maintenance.  They frequently sank, and got dragged around re-floating them.  I can see the potential utility of using long sheets to limit welding issues and potential leakage.

But this loading technique?  Wow.

Elden Gatwood

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Schuyler Larrabee via groups.io
Sent: Monday, July 20, 2020 5:13 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] OK so this didn't work out so well

I thought no, that’s not a USRA gon, but why the “didn’t work out so well?”  Those steel (I assume) plates are not very thick, individually, and they were bundled together for shipping.  They may have some residual non-straightness (words fail me today) but they are going to be made into something else where the flatness isn’t so critical.

Schuyler

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gatwood, Elden J SAD
Sent: Monday, July 20, 2020 1:56 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] OK so this didn't work out so well

Ah HA!  Eric was listening!

Sometimes my messages go out with the sound of crickets chirping.

Elden Gatwood

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Eric Hansmann
Sent: Monday, July 20, 2020 1:51 PM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Subject: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] OK so this didn't work out so well

In 1913?

Nope. 

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN

On Jul 20, 2020, at 12:46 PM, Gatwood, Elden J SAD <elden.j.gatwood@...> wrote:

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.