From: Don Burn <burn@...>
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Sent: Tue, Jul 21, 2020 11:45 am
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Steam Era Spray trains

On weed burners, I believe they were around before the 1940's.  See https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth174608/ for a patent from the 1800's for a railroad weed burner.  I am trying to find the exact reference but I have a memory of interurban weed burners, that I believe were pre-WWII.

Don Burn