Re: A better pin vise

I have some of this type as well. I don’t like them as they don’t tighten well. 

Thanks!
Brian Ehni 
(Sent from my iPhone)

On Jul 22, 2020, at 3:38 PM, WILLIAM PARDIE <PARDIEW001@...> wrote:

I havr several of these.  I'm not sure if it is the same manufacturer.  I don't use them as I seem to have a degree of difficulty tightening down on the drill.  Maybe it's because as my wife says about my Phydical Culture evdevours "  If they are nice shiney and balanced weights and there are young girls watching you can lift them.  When it comes to opening a peanut bottle jar or carrying the groceries up the stairs you are useless".

Bill Pardie

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 7/22/20 10:14 AM (GMT-10:00)
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] A better pin vise

Schuyler,

Try these sites for Bergeon # 30432

Ken Montero

On 07/22/2020 11:48 AM Schuyler Larrabee via groups.io <schuyler.larrabee@...> wrote:

Son of a gun!  That’s the vise I inherited from my grandfather, a clock maker/designer, who had a very severe case of toolitis.  I have always wondered where he got it, and it’s the on I have on reserve for really delicate drilling with tiny bits.  Normally I use a Bergeron No. 30432, which I don’t find using Google.  Not sure where I bought it, except that it was on-line.

Schuyler

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Allen Cain
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2020 4:24 PM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] A better pin vise

Amazon sells the Starrett in two sizes.  Here is the smaller one which holds 60 to 80 and maybe smaller bits with 0-0.040" claimed capacity:

Not outrageous if you have Prime Membership with free shipping or can combine it with another order.

Allen Cain 

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.