From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ted Schnepf
Sent: Friday, July 24, 2020 7:22 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] inside running rail of the curve will be accompanied by an addition guard rail

Hello,

I believe from the photos they are "self guarding frogs", the guard rails are built into the frogs , not needing a separate guard rails.

Ted Schnepf
126 Will Scarlet,
Elgin, Ill. 60120

847=697-5353

On Thursday, July 23, 2020, 11:02:14 PM CDT, Jim and Barbara van Gaasbeek <jvgbvg@...> wrote:

I’ not so sure.  Look at the trackage at The Harlem Transfer Company:

http://members.trainweb.com/bedt/indloco/ht.html#:~:text=The%20Harlem%20Transfer%20Company%20was%20located%20at%20Park,other%20railroads%20would%20jointly%20operate%20in%20the%20facility.

The majority of the curves, and the curved-frog turnouts, had 90-foot and 104-foot radii, but no guard rails on the inside rail.  There may be other reasons why the HTC could get away with such absurd track radii without guard rails.

Jim van Gaasbeek

Irvine, Ca