From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Schleigh Mike via groups.io
Sent: Friday, July 24, 2020 5:51 PM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io; main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] photo links (was Photo: Tank Cars At National Zinc Separating Company Plant)

Tim,

I am a bit surprised by this reaction.  It has never occurred to me that I was being made aware of online collections, but rather, freight cars.  Remember, those things that are in our group's title.  I for one am not interested in searching endlessly for images and I very much appreciate that someone else finds gems and posts them for me (all of us) to consider.  As for even pointing out what might draw our attention, that is not necessary.  There have been many serendipitous encounters for details, such as other freight cars in the background, that no one could guess my interest in having.  I have many photos now filed away that may be of future interest thanks to these being routinely posted.  I don't have time to search for or through archives so I find these postings often quite interesting and helpful.  Some generate sound and useful discussion, thank you!  I would miss them if they did not happen.  If they are of no interest, they are easily passed over.

I say, "Keep posting Freight Car images."

Mike Schleigh in summery Grove City, Penna.

On Friday, July 24, 2020, 05:00:20 PM EDT, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

I agree with George. It's GREAT to be made aware of online archival collections (Thank You!) but after
that, I think we're all capable of finding pictures we're interested in, on our own. Some of the web sites are
indeed wonderful.

Or start a BLOG somewhere that covers the era of interest (1920's 1940's whatever), and put the links
in there.

Unless the idea is to start a discussion - then at least tell us WHY our attention is being drawn to a photo
that any of us could find if we were looking around.

On 7/24/2020 4:41 PM, George Eichelberger wrote:

Might I suggest that RealSTMFC does not need to morph into a directory of photos on the Internet?

Sterling, Massachusetts