From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of np328
Sent: Friday, July 24, 2020 5:46 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Was Photo: URTX 5365 - Oscar Mayer Reefer / Now: Roof hatches

   Bob gave us the following link in msg 176179
https://www.wisconsinhistory.org/Records/Image/IM13658

     And I may have missed this design in the books I quickly perused however -
The roof hatches appear to be diamond tread overlay material, and the hefty beams to hold the open hatches could underscore that they are plate steel, however I cannot recall seeing these roof hatches prior, and the accompanying latches.  Wow can you imagine being in a hurry to open those, or worse yet pinch a finger when closing them.
   Modeled by a foil overlay?
    Can anyone provide a bit of enlightenment as to the design?                                                                                                    Thanks      Jim Dick - St. Paul, MN