From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob Chaparro via groups.io
Sent: Monday, 27 July 2020 4:31 am
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Those interested in stock cars and their associated stock yards

Livestock Car With Roof Hatches

The first photo on the link is (to me) very interesting as it raises several questions:

https://alchetron.com/cdn/union-stock-yards-fbd57413-559b-4587-9245-93f1c9ffec5-resize-750.jpeg

My take on the hatches is that for these particular cars the hatches were for feeding and watering the stock. But there seem to be a problem.

These are double deck cars so unless there was a way to retract the upper level the hatches would not allow feeding and watering for the lower level, or the loading of bulk commodities for non-livestock transport.

Does anyone know more about these particular cars?

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA