Re: [Non-DoD Source] [RealSTMFC] Photo: Seamless Pipe Fitting Load On GN Flat Car 60031 (1956)

Charlie Vlk

Perhaps I misread that somebody was making a distinction between a flat with a well with a permanent floor and one with a well hole without a floor which inferred special sides that could support a load whether or not it required structural (removeable or custom) stringers of any kind.

Charlie Vlk

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Schuyler Larrabee via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2020 12:53 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Non-DoD Source] [RealSTMFC] Photo: Seamless Pipe Fitting Load On GN Flat Car 60031 (1956)

Charlie, you write:

As there is a wood floor and no mention is made of removable structural members it can be assumed they are not open well cars.

“Removable structure” isn’t required for a car to be a well hole flat.  How can you square that with the description you gave, which includes:

“Dimensions of well in cars numbered 60013 and 60031 are as follows:

Length 20 ft. 6 ½ in., width 6 ft. 2 ½ in . . .”

The description SAYS it’s a well hole flat?

Elden says he’s willing to be convinced.  Seems to me you’ve provided the proof, yet you say it’s not.

?????????

Schuyler