Re: Image of string of boxcars Chicago IL 1952

Rich C

Michael, I agree great shots. A shame they scrapped the PBR sign. Apparently was used for the war effort. The funny part is they dismantled it after the war!

I was in Chicago last year for a Free-mo show and got to see another icon, the Morton Salt drying shed?. I understand that is kind of a landmark now.

Rich Christie

On Tuesday, July 28, 2020, 12:28:27 PM CDT, Michael Gross <actormichaelgross@...> wrote:

Agree with Dennis Storzek.

I grew up in Chicago and loved the views of the yards from Grant Park before all the air rights were sold to real estate developers.  Also loved seeing the huge, iconic Pabst Blue Ribbon sign.
--
Michael Gross
Pasadena, CA