Re: Image of string of boxcars Chicago IL 1952

np328

Here is a link to the Chicago Past website, I know I have posted this prior however it has some go railroad photos buried within and here some good color of the Pabst sign and railroad cars.
Many Jack Delano photos, again discussed here prior. https://chicagopast.com/tagged/Illinois-Central-Railroad

My father who lived for many years in Chicago often had comments that echoed Michael's when we went down into the loop area as a family on short vacations and he revisited old haunts.

I am always amazed at all the trackage on the north side of the river that served the Merchandise Mart, and extended out to the Navy Pier at one time in earlier years top of this photo
http://collections.carli.illinois.edu/cdm/singleitem/collection/uic_caps/id/105                                                       Jim Dick  St. Paul, MN