Re: Image of string of boxcars Chicago IL 1952

Dennis Storzek

On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 03:25 PM, np328 wrote:
http://collections.carli.illinois.edu/cdm/singleitem/collection/uic_caps/id/105
I've lived in the Chicago area all my life, grew up in the city. IIRC the area with the IC yard and freight house was known as South Water Street Market, while the area north of the river that the C&NW served was the North Water Street Market. North Water St. still survives, it is the street that runs between Ogden Slip (at the extreme north edge of the photo on the right side) and the river, but South Water St. is long gone.

Dennis Storzek