Re: Express Car Movements

mopacfirst

I would caution that many LCL cars from roads other than NYC had full interchange data from the get-go, based on what the stenciling drawing called for.  I suspect that was 'just in case the car goes offline'.  The MP Eagle merchandise cars did for sure, although the cars in question were specifically stenciled not to be sent offline.  Perhaps those routes used standard boxcars or, perhaps, the other roads' merchandise cars, since they could re re-sorted, as Steve mentions, at the St. Louis freight house.

Ron Merrick