Re: Oscar Mayer Freight Car taken in 1931

Robert kirkham

OK, much as wonder if I will regret it, I have to ask: what was the market for blood, and what was the market for hogs urine?  I have packing plants on the line I model, bt have no insight about this tank car traffic.

Rob Kirkham

On Aug 3, 2020, at 4:31 PM, Douglas Harding <iowacentralrr@...> wrote:

Claus thank you. You are correct that is a Decker tank car, used for various fats, like lard, and for blood and hog urine. The tank cars were gone by the early 30s, replaced by leased units.

You cite two groups of Decker reefers, there were others.