Re: NYC 19000 series caboose color

Walter Cox

Hi Dave,
I would do a test run of the mixture before using it on a model. Back when Floquil was the "go to" paint I was looking for a way to get a faded  appearance on some single sheathed boxcars in grain hauling service and was warned not to add white  as it would turn the red to pink but to use a  buff color.. I can't say if the white would have turned the red pink as I never tried it.
Good luck, Walt
In a message dated 8/4/2020 11:45:50 AM Eastern Standard Time, davelawler@...  writes|

Thank you Mark. I have some Floquil Boxcar red and Reefer White in my old paint stash,
more than enough to paint a HO caboose. I guess I'm good to go.
Dave Lawler