looking for a source for Youngstown early post war (wide seam panels) corrugated 7' opening doors for 10'6" double door boxcar project

Andy Carlson

I think the original poster mentioned a 1945 build date interim improved Youngstown door which is not made in 7' width by anyone. The 5/5/5 version was the famous SP "Overnight" door. Southwest made the 6' wide 5/6/5 version which was to my understanding used only by the Santa Fe, but again, only 6' wide and in 1945. I remember seeing a color steam era video which in passing a pair of these interim doors were visible in the train. It may have been one of the subject cars.

I know if I wanted a pair I know of a method which makes the visible joining sections nearly unseen.
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

On Saturday, August 8, 2020, 4:40:49 PM PDT, Chad Boas via groups.io <chadboas@...> wrote:

I think I might have what you want. The C&WC DD rebuild has 2 7" doors with the 5-6-5 config.
Chad Boas
_._,_._,_