Re: SFRD Questions

Robert J Miller CFA

Gary,

I don’t know for certain, but I looked through the Santa Fe Society’s Refrigerator book to look for examples.

On the RR-8 (wood sides and ends) the ladders conform to the shape noted, however the uncoupling lever support is just to the right of the poling pocket and slightly above it. P 108 in the book

RR-19 rebuilds (metal sides and ends) the ladders conform to the shaped noted and the uncoupling lever support is above the poling pocket. P. 132 in the book.

RR-36 rebuilds (metal sides and ends) the ladders curl in at the top, but not at the bottom and the uncoupling lever support is below the poling pocket. P 148 in the book.

It looks like the answer will vary by the age and class of the cars. If you have a specific class of car in mind let me know and I will check the SFH&MS book.

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of gary laakso
Sent: Sunday, August 9, 2020 10:08 AM
To: RealSTMFC@groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] SFRD Questions

Here is a picture of a SFRD reefer:

https://donstrack.smugmug.com/UtahRails/Emil-Albrecht-Photos/1944-May-Troop-Train-East/i-fGFffC8/A 

1. Did all SFRD reefers have the ladder legs curl under the body and
  2. The uncoupling lever support is drilled over the push pole pocket was this common and I missed it?

Gary Laakso

Northwest of Mike Brock

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.