Re: inexpensive kit-bash

John Barry

Nice job Chuck.

Thank you for the end view on the prototype.  I too have a couple pairs of the spiral ends that I intend to modify the Intermountain car.  We discussed these Monon cars a couple years ago.

John

John Barry

ATSF North Bay Lines
Golden Gates & Fast Freights
Lovettsville, VA

707-490-9696

PO Box 44736
Washington, DC 20026-4736

On Monday, August 10, 2020, 06:44:27 PM EDT, Chuck Cover <chuck.cover@...> wrote:

Group,

I purchased an old Walthers gondola kit at the PRRT&HS for a dollar back in 2019.  I was not sure what I would do with it, but it was a bargain.  One of my operators had some Shapeways spiral gondola ends made and he gave a set to me.   I wondered if I could use them, so I did a little research.  I found a Monon gondola that I though fit the bill.  Not much to describe here, I built the kit substituting the Shapeways ends and adding some details such as some standard underbody brake and end details.  The decals are from Tichy.

Chuck Cover

Santa Fe, NM