Re: [Non-DoD Source] [RealSTMFC] inexpensive kit-bash

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

Great job, Chuck!

Elden Gatwood

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chuck Cover
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2020 6:44 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [Non-DoD Source] [RealSTMFC] inexpensive kit-bash

Group,

I purchased an old Walthers gondola kit at the PRRT&HS for a dollar back in 2019.  I was not sure what I would do with it, but it was a bargain.  One of my operators had some Shapeways spiral gondola ends made and he gave a set to me.   I wondered if I could use them, so I did a little research.  I found a Monon gondola that I though fit the bill.  Not much to describe here, I built the kit substituting the Shapeways ends and adding some details such as some standard underbody brake and end details.  The decals are from Tichy.

Chuck Cover

Santa Fe, NM