Re: inexpensive kit-bash

Dennis Storzek

On Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 10:16 AM, Robert Chapman wrote:
Several years ago at Naperville, Chad Boas offered these spiral dreadnaught ends for sale
These are most definitely NOT Dreadnaught, and have no association with the Standard Railway Equipment Co., owner of the Dreadnaught name. Near as I can tell this was a proprietary design developed by car builder Haskell & Barker. I base this on the fact that all three groups of cars known to have these ends were built by H&B, and the fact that there are detail drawings in the H&B files now at the Pullman Library beyond what was typical for vendor supplied ends.

Dennis Storzek