Re: Galvanized roofs

Tony Thompson

Schuyler Larrabee wrote:

I know you’re an expert in materials, but a metallurgist once told me that once rust starts, you’re screwed (his term) because even if you get most of it, even what appears to be ALL of it off, once it’s started you simply cannot stop it without extreme measures.

     True, unless you can seal the rust area so no more moisture gets to it (this is never 100 percent successful). But keep in mind that not being able to stop rusting, but stretching out the problem past the economic life of whatever is rusting, is still a win.

Tony Thompson