WP 29' Coil Gondolas

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford

Friends,

A couple of weeks back we were discussing WP'S 29' coil gondolas here, and off-group as well. This month I am scanning up miscellaneous bits and pieces of paper, and ran across the attached advertisement from a 1953 issue of TRAINS which shows these cars in an amusing, but informative way.

Please take note of the Timkin "Roller Bearing" herald. The one surviving car, WP 6424, is at the Western Pacific Railroad Museum in Portola, California, and was restored to this original scheme: https://www.wplives.org/collectionpageimages/freightcarimages/gondolas/wp6424.jpg .

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆