Re: WM Postwar AAR Boxcar – Front Range Upgrade #3

Nelson Moyer

Nicely done, Bob. I need to pay more attention to some of the plastic kit upgrades on my list, and you’re providing lots of inspiration.

Nelson Moyer

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Robert Chapman
Sent: Sunday, August 16, 2020 10:06 AM
To: STMFC E-List <main@Realstmfc.groups.io>
Subject: [RealSTMFC] WM Postwar AAR Boxcar – Front Range Upgrade #3

WM #4009 was one of series #4001-4050 built 7/51. The prototype featured a 7-foot panel door with unusual rib spacing at panel #3 to accommodate the tack board, improved dreadnaught ends, and a diagonal panel roof.

The Front Range model’s deep-fishbelly sidesill was modified to duplicate the prototype’s tabbed design, and its eight-foot door opening narrowed to the prototype’s seven feet. The height of the third panel of a Detail Associates door was increased to match the prototype’s unusual spacing. Other detail adds include Kadee 7/7 ladders/grabs/Equipco brakewheel, Yarmouth Apex runningboard, and Kato ASF A-3 trucks. Decals are Speedwitch.

Regards,

Bob Chapman