Re: Photo: Fire Truck In A PM Boxcar (1950)

Donald B. Valentine <riverman_vt@...>

Such a door arrangement would certainly seem to have helped the poor fellows who

had to unload that fire truck, assuming the doors on the opposite side were positioned

in the same way. Before you pointed out the car to the right, Brent, I was thinking that

the only way the fire truck was coming out was with a heavy duty floor jack under the

differential to swing the rear end out while someone was carefully handling the steering

wheel to keep the left front from contacting the opposite inside of the freight car. With

doors in the position of the car to the right I suspect a good driver could have driven it in.

Cordially, Don Valentine