NRC 16337

mopacfirst

I picked up an Intermountain kit lettered for Illinois Central lease, with the reporting marks NRC 16337, being fully aware that I would have to change something.

The MDT book shows these cars as lot 881, NRC 16000-16499, in common with MDT 11500-11999.  There are a couple of photos of the MDT series in the book, and I found one of another NRC series on rr-fallenflags

 http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/misc-frt/nrc16720a01.jpg

with a couple of the photos of this exact series being missing.

My question is, can it be confirmed that cars in this 16000-16499 series be confirmed as having Despatch 3-5 ends?  And, do these cars also have Despatch roof?

Ron Merrick