Re: Brass freight car noise - NOT TRUCKS

mark_landgraf

You might try, for a boxcar, packing it with foam rubber. If you are really desperate, fill the car with non expanding spray foam. Given the sloppiness of using spray foam, I would do it on a painted car. Clean-up is with acetone.  Packing a car with fiberglass insulation may also work.  Automotive spray undercutting would probably work too.

Fiber wasters between the truck bolster and the car bolster would probably help too.

Mark Landgraf
Albany NY

On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 6:23 PM, James SANDIFER
<steve.sandifer@...> wrote:

Will someone please address the question? Yes, I have replaced the trucks, as stated in the original question. I want to quiet down the tin sound of brass cars. Any suggestions on making them quiet?

J. Stephen Sandifer